An Experienced Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Can Secure Compensation for Your Medical Expenses, Lost Wages, and More
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, you may be entitled to monetary compensation to help with the burden of medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Our experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Saunders Law Group in Bartow, FL, will fight for you to secure the compensation you and your family deserve. We will ensure the responsible party or parties are held accountable for their negligence or misconduct. Contact our law firm today to schedule a consultation to discuss your case in detail.
About Spinal Cord Injuries
An injury to the spinal cord or the nerves at the end of the spinal canal can result in permanent damage to body parts below the point of injury. Victims of a spinal cord injury may see changes in strength and ability, sensation, and bodily functions in the affected areas. After an accident resulting in an injury to your spine, you may experience severe pain or pressure in your back or neck. You may also experience numbness or loss of sensation, weakness, partial paralysis, trouble standing or walking, and more.
“Victims of a spinal cord injury may see changes in strength and ability, sensation, and bodily functions in the affected areas.”
Spinal injuries are not always immediately obvious, so it is important to seek treatment right away to either rule out the potential for a spinal injury or receive prompt treatment. Our attorneys have thorough experience in handling spinal cord injury cases and we can help ensure you not only receive the treatment you require but that you also receive proper compensation.
Consequences of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries often result in partial or complete paralysis. There are different degrees of paralysis:
- Paraparesis and Paraplegia: Paraparesis is a partial paralysis that affects the legs, trunk, and pelvic organs. With paraparesis, you may experience muscle weakness in some areas of the lower body, and complete paralysis in other areas of the lower body. Through advanced surgical techniques and rehabilitation, patients may eventually regain control of the affected muscles. Paraplegia is a complete paralysis of the legs, trunk, and pelvic organs.
- Quadriparesis and Quadriplegia: Quadriparesis is muscle weakness or partial paralysis of all four limbs, arms and legs. Quadriplegia is complete paralysis, usually from the neck down, including all four limbs, the trunk, and pelvic muscles.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
There are a variety of potential causes of spinal cord injuries:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents.
- Work accidents, especially in certain occupations or industries, such as construction, where workers are at a higher risk for such serious injuries.
- Premises liability, such as a slip and fall accident.
- Sports injuries, especially from high contact sports such as football, soccer, and hockey.
- Acts of violence, including assault and battery.
Compensation for Spinal Cord Injuries
When you work with our experienced spinal cord injury attorneys, we will work diligently to ensure the negligent party is held responsible and to secure compensation for your injury. We will seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Including any treatments or surgeries, rehabilitation costs, extended hospital stays, long-term care, in-home care, medical equipment such as a wheelchair, and modifications to your home and/or vehicle.
- Lost wages: We will seek compensation for any time missed from work for surgeries, rehab, etc. If your injury prevents you from returning to work completely, we will seek damages for your loss of income and/or your diminished earning capacity.
- Property damage: If applicable, such as after a car accident.
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, contact our law firm today to schedule your consultation and review the legal options available to you.
You can trust your family, business, or personal injury case to our compassionate but objective attorneys.Saunders Law Group