A Birth Injury Attorney Can Hold Guilty Parties Responsible
Finding out your child suffered an injury during birth can be devastating for you and your spouse. A skilled Bartow or Winter Haven birth injury attorney can help you find justice and may be able to assist you in obtaining compensation. To speak to a knowledgeable and experienced birth injury lawyer, contact us today.
Florida Attorneys Serving All Of Polk County
These are some of the most common birth injuries:
- Facial paralysis: Like many birth injuries, facial paralysis is entirely avoidable. This condition typically occurs when the operating doctor bruises the infant’s face with forceps. Depending on the degree of pressure applied, the condition can last weeks or even longer and may require surgery to correct. If your child suffers facial paralysis, contact a Bartow or Winter Haven birth injury attorney as soon as possible.
- Brachial plexus injury: Typically caused by excessive pulling, a brachial plexus injury is paralysis or weakness of the arm or shoulder. While the majority of infants recover within six months, those who do not may require surgery and may never fully recover.
- Cerebral palsy: This type of injury requires the assistance of a highly qualified Winter Haven or Bartow birth injury lawyer. Cerebral palsy occurs when too much pressure is applied to the skull and brain of an infant during delivery. As a result, the child suffers a permanent loss of movement and nerve function.
What To Prepare When Meeting With Your Bartow or Winter Haven Birth Injury Attorney
Below is a list of the information and materials you should prepare before meeting with your injury lawyer:
- Your address, home phone and cell phone number and email address.
- The name and contact information of the doctor and hospital where your child was delivered
- Any medical bills or records regarding the incident
- A list of questions and concerns you have. You may want to ask about the experience of a law firm. Also, you should ask how much he or she charges, how often he or she wins and how strong he or she feels your case is.
Depending on the seriousness of the birth injury and the amount of evidence, the response of the hospital may vary. If the injury is relatively minor and there is little to no evidence supporting your claim, the hospital will likely not give your case much attention. However, if the injury your child suffered is serious, you have a lot of evidence proving negligence and you have an experienced birth injury law firm by your side, the hospital may offer you a settlement.
Medical malpractice accidents can be frustrating and traumatic. Saunders Law Group stands up for the rights of medical malpractice clients and is proud to be the voice of birth injury victims. Contact us today either by phone 1-866-334-3309 or through our easy-to-use online form.
You can trust your family, business, or personal injury case to our compassionate but objective attorneys.Saunders Law Group