K.C. Bouchillon was born in Jackson, Mississippi, in 1963. He attended undergraduate school at the University of Southern Mississippi, where he graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism. He worked as a copy editor then reporter for a statewide newspaper for several years before entering law school. He obtained a full scholarship to the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude in 1991.
K.C. worked in a general civil practice firm in Jackson, Mississippi, until he and his family moved to Central Florida in 1994. Over the years, K.C. devoted his practice to litigation in virtually every area of civil law. He has represented plaintiffs, defendants, and insurers in business, commercial, construction, homeowners insurance, personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, and transportation and trucking claims.
He is double Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an expert in civil law and business litigation. Fewer than 100 of Florida’s approximately 100,000 attorneys hold this double board certification. Board certification recognizes attorneys’ special knowledge, skills and proficiency in various areas of law and professionalism and ethics in practice. He is also certified as a Circuit Civil mediator by the Florida Supreme Court.
Having worked on all sides of such a wide range of civil litigation matters, K.C. has learned not only how to view and evaluate matters from different perspectives, but he also understands how much common ground there often is between adversaries. He finds this insight helpful in assisting parties resolve seemingly insurmountable differences through mediation.
For many years, K.C. was the Chairperson of the 10th Judicial Circuit’s Professionalism Committee, and he helped establish the Circuit’s Professionalism Panel, which monitors and addresses complaints against attorneys for unprofessional conduct. He is a member of the Willson American Inn of Court and is a past president of that organization. K.C. also volunteers as a guardian-ad-litem, representing and protecting the interests of at-risk children.
After working for some of the most prestigious firms in Central Florida, K.C. opened his own practice, K.C. Bouchillon, P.A., in 2015. Since then, he has worked with Tom Saunders under the Saunders Law Group.
K.C. lives in Polk County, Florida, with his wife.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Homeowners’ Insurance Claims
- Mississippi, 1991
- Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1994
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: James O. Eastland Scholar
- Honors: Earl T. Thomas Excellence in Writing Award
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- Honors: Crawford Award for Excellence in Property Law
- University of Southern Mississippi, Mississippi
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: With Honors
- Guiding Lobbying Charities into a Safe Harbor: Final Section 501(H) 4911 Regulations Set Limits for Tax-Exempt Organizations, 61 Miss. L.J. 157 , Spring, 1991
- Getting Your Evidence and Expert Testimony Admitted in Court in Florida , 2005
- Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations in Florida , 2006
- Dirty Litigation Tactics: How to Deal with the “Rambo” Litigator
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Willson American Inns Of Court, Past President
- Mississippi State Bar, Inactive Status
- Lakeland Bar Association, Board Member
- 10th Judicial Circuit’s Professionalism Committee, Past Chairman
- 10th Judicial Circuit’s Professionalism Panel, Chairman , 2013 to 2016
- Polk County Builders Association
- Bartow Chamber of Commerce
- Guardian ad Litem , 2006 to Present
- Teen Court Magistrate , 2008 to 2010
Past Employment Positions
- K.C. Bouchillon, P.A., Founder, 2016
- Lilly, O’Toole & Brown, P.A.
- Frost, Tamayo, Sessums & Aranda, P.A.
- Waddell, Ready & Bouchillon, P.A.
- Wicker, Smith, et al
- Roth, Edwards & Smith
- Alston, Rutherford, et al